I is very important to be safe. That’s why Today we had a girl named Sam from RACV, she is very nice.
Sam came to tell us what we should wear, do, think and lots more when being on a bike, Scooter or just walking. I most important thing to do when riding a bike or a scooter is to wear a helmet. When wearing a helmet you should first do the two finger test. The two finger test is you get two fingers from one hand and put them above you eyebrows if your helmet is sitting write over the top of your fingers that means it’s the perfect size. Also do not wear a cap or a beanie under your helmet. Do not wear a cap because it tends to have a butten on the middle top of the cap and if you fall on your head, the butten will go through your head. You don’t wear a beanie because it will keep slipping. Also Know music!
It is also very important when you are on a path. You don’t have to wear helmets or anything like that. This time your allowed to wear caps and beanies because you are on a foot path, but know head phones playing. The important thing about the foot path you have to watch out for cars and you have to see the the traffic. It’s important to know and hear the traffic so you can cross safely.
Tips for being a traffic safety Role Model-
1. Practice safe crossing methods- use pedestrian crossings when available, wait for the signal to cross at the traffic lights, cross only when it is safe to do so and hold hands with children.
2. Make a rule to always put of a seat belt before driving off no matter how far you are going and drive safely.
3. Take care when using public transport, particularly if crossing roads while getting on and off buses or trams.
4. Wear a helmet and bright coloured clothing when riding bicycles, scooters, skateboards and roller blades.
5. Take care when dropping your child off at school or picking them up. Use the school crossing and park only where it is permitted.
This is the logo for RACV.
Have you had someone come into your school and talk about RACV?
Do you know Sam?
Do you wear a helmet?