Going to Werribee Zoo (2012)

Today I had a fun day because I went to the Werribee Open Range ,

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

Here is a slide show on photo peach that I made. I hope you like it.

Going to Werribee Zoo (2012) on PhotoPeach

When we got to the zoo we went on a bus safari tour around the zoo. We saw Zebras, Giraffes, Hippopotamus, Ostriches, Antelopes, Camels, Bison and Rhinoceros. The animals had lots of room to live in.

After the bus tour we walked around the zoo and saw the Lions, Cheetahs, Vervet Monkeys, Gorillas, Wild Dogs and the Meerkats. We also saw Kangaroos and Emus.  Here is map of the zoo. 

To be a zoo keeper you have to know a lot about animals. At the Werribee Zoo they have a program where you can be a zoo keeper for a day, but it costs $102.00 and you can read more about it right here:  www.zoo.org.au/WerribeeOpenRangeZoo

My brother Ethan wants to be a Zoo keeper for a day.  I think it would be fun!

Did you know that for kids under 16 entry is free on weekends, public holidays and school holidays?

Have you been to Werribee Open Range Zoo?

What was your favourite animal?

Do you like going to the zoo?

7 thoughts on “Going to Werribee Zoo (2012)

1. @ Alana,

We had a wonderful day at the Werribee Zoo. It was fantastic to see the animals walking about in the open, not just in a small enclosure.

I loved your post and your photopeach video. You did a magnificent job on it!!

Yes I have been to and yes I loved going to the Werribee Zoo. We will have to go back to the Melbourne Zoo and the Healesville Sanctuary soon. What do you think?

My favourite animals were probably the Meerkats, as they looked so cute. It reminded me of the TV Show Meerkat Manor. Do you remember it?

Great job,
    Love Mummy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

2. Dear Alana,

I am catching up on some student blogs and I enjoyed reading this post!

My sister and her kids went to the Werribee Zoo just one day before you went! I didn’t know about it being free for under 16s so thanks for that information.

Like your mum, I like the meerkats. They’re so funny to watch!

Alana, I am doing a blogging club everyone Monday in the ICT room. I hope you will come along sometimes? You could bring some of the other bloggers.

Your former teacher,

Mrs M☀rris

PS – how is Grade Three going?

• @ Mrs Morris,

Thank you for your great comment on my blog.

I will go to your blogging club in the computer room every Monday.

Sorry got to go,
      Alana

• @ Mrs Morris,

Thank you for your great comment on my blog and I’m not even in your grade this year.

Just one thing I really want you in grade four.

I will go to the I.C.T room. To let you know I’m in the I.C.T room write now.

I think grade three is going great.

Sorry got to go where leaving the I.CT. room.

Alana

3. Hello Alana,
    I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I am studying to become a teacher. I really enjoyed your slideshow! Our zoos in Alabama are much different from your’s in Australia. There are much more interesting animals at the Werribee zoo! Our zoos are not open range. After watching your slideshow, I hope to one day visit the Werribee zoo myself. Do you visit the zoo often? Thanks for your time!
    -Michelle Nix

• @ Michelle,

Thanks for your great comment.

Also thanks for saying you liked my slide show.

No my family and I don’t go to the zoo often, but I would like too. Do you go to the zoo often?

Would you like an open range zoo?

I hope you can come to Australia one day, maybe you could teach here? I would love to go to America.

Best Wishes,
      Alana

4. Alana,
    I have only been to the zoo a few times. Most of our zoos are very small. There is a nice one in New Orleans, Louisiana which is very close. However, it seems that it would not compare to the Werribee zoo! You should visit America one day! We have some great places to see here! I love to travel and see new places. Maybe one day I will find myself teaching in Australia!